340gms smooth-skinned Lemons
1/2tsp Fennel seeds (crushed)
1/2tsp Cumin seeds (crushed)
1/2tsp cracked black pepper
1cup shredded jaggery (gur)
1/3cup fresh Lemon juice
How To Make Lemon Pickle:
* Wash and thoroughly dry the lemons.
* Set them in sun or air dry in oven for 5 minutes.
* Slice each one lengthwise into 8 pieces.
* Combine the salt, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
* Arrange a layer of citrus, cut side up, in a jar. Sprinkle with the salt spice mixture. Alternate the two ingredients until the jar is full.
* Combine the jaggery with the citrus juice in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
* Cool to Luke warm then pour over the citrus in the jar.
* Cool to room temperature and cover with a cloth.
* Set in the sun every day for 5 weeks; bring the jar inside every night.
* Shake the jar 2-3 times in a day.
* After 5 weeks do not set it in the sun, but continue to shake for another 2 weeks before use.